About Nanyang Institute of Managment
Nanyang Institute of Management (Nanyang), established in 2001, is a forward-looking premier education provider of market-relevant programmes in the region. Nanyang’s strategic drivers are aimed at programme, customer, people and operational excellence leveraged on sound financial position.
The Institute through its five schools – School of Business, School of Tourism & Hospitality, School of Engineering, School of Early Childhood Education, and School of Language – offers a wide range of courses leading to Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, as well as Masters Degree and other Post-Graduate programmes. All lecturers have many years of industry and teaching experience.
In new city campus, Nanyang Institute of Managment provides a conducive learning environment and ensuring the comfort of students with these physical infrastructures:
- More than 1800 sqm of air-conditioned classrooms
- Classrooms are fully equipped with all teaching resources such as audio-visual equipment (TV,VCR, and DVD players), computer overhead & LCD projectors and whiteboards
- Specialist-training rooms for F&B, Front Office and Accommodation Operations
- Campus wide wireless internet connection
- Library with a reading hall
Why study in Nanyang’s School of Language?
Nanyang’s School of Language is designed to develop the language ability of foreign students who want to pursue further studies in the English medium of instruction.
- The School of Language is staffed with well- trained, experienced and patient lecturers who:
- Expose students to the English Language in a systematic approach and at a comfortable learning pace;
- Instruct students in the grammar, syntax and vocabulary of the English Language;
- Equip students with the ability to use the English Language to express themselves in the oral and written context;
- Raise the English Language proficiency of the students to enable them to fulfill written assignments, such as reports and essays, in their chosen field of study; and
- Prepare students for the IELTS examination.
- The course comprises 4 fully taught modules and can be completed in 6 months of full-time studies.
- Average teacher-student ratio is 1 : 30